De-clutter Your Life…Starting With Your Workspace
Going into January is a reflective time for everyone. I haven’t been too eager to sort through the piles on my desk, and as a result, it’s become a mass of paper and disorganization. And I realized two important things: first, as a writer, I know clutter creates a crowded mind, and I cannot possibly be my best in that mindset. And second, the entire premise of the company I work for – the one I feel great about showing up to every day – is to reduce the clutter and paper. I’m not sure why it took the New Year to have this watershed moment, but it did.
PowerDMS has a strong desire to help our customers become more efficient and reduce risk and liability. We also have an obligation to do what we can to help others reduce our carbon footprint – and get rid of the paper! I had to walk the talk.
Why not start 2013 both organized and green? PowerDMS document management software can help clear up your workspace clutter, whether it’s sending pertinent policies to the correct folks or simply filing memos to get them off of that desk. Even better? Storing your documents in the cloud saves you time and money by the boatload. Here are just a few facts that may have you consider going paperless:
- 95% of the old growth forests in the United States have been lost, and the world loses 4,281 acres of rainforest every hour.
- There are 400 reams (500 sheets each) in one ton of paper. Since one ream uses 6% of a tree that means it takes 24 trees to produce one ton of paper.
- The average employee prints 10,000 pages per year.
- As of Jan. 21, 2013, PowerDMS users have saved 87,549,812 sheets of paper and 10,506 trees just by going paperless.
- You’ll get fewer paper cuts! (Big perk in my opinion!)
Think about how much will be saved in paper and ink costs – and about those reams of paper and binders collecting dust in your office that will disappear. My desk is clear, and I’m ready to write. We’re all excited about the impact we can make.