Managing Test Results in PowerDMS: How to Ignore a Question
- Written by Laura Saunders
- March 6 2014
Have you ever experienced this situation? After administering a test in PowerDMS, you realize a specific question needs to be removed (ignored) for one or multiple user(s). Maybe you discovered the content wasn’t delivered clearly or there was an error in the test creation? Whatever the reason, Administrators, with Edit rights to the Test, have the ability to ignore a question for a single, multiple or all user(s).
Here’s how it works:
1. Click on the Edit button (pencil icon) for the specific Test:
2. Select the Results tab:
3. For a single user, click on that user’s score:
The user’s test will open, and you can scroll down to the specific question you wish to ignore.
4. Click the Ignore box, in the bottom right corner of the specific question(s):
5. For multiple or all users, after selecting the Results tab, click the Statistics sub tab:
6. Click Grade to the right of the question you wish to ignore:
7. Select the individual users you want to ignore the question for or click the Ignore All box to choose everyone:
8. Click Save
Once a question is ignored, PowerDMS will recalculate the Test results—based on the removal of the specific question—for any users you selected.
Many times after distributing a test, you may realize a question didn’t work the way you planned. With PowerDMS, in less than 10 steps, you can throw out the question and feel confident knowing your test is fair and accurate.