Cross Page Highlighting in Attachments
- Written by Laura Saunders
- April 14 2014
As an assessor or someone who works in an assessment, you most likely highlight quite a bit. Have you ever encountered a situation where you need to extend a highlight to the following page, and could not find a way to do it, so you end up making two separate highlights for a proof or a policy? Well, we’ll let you in on a little secret, there’s a nifty little trick you can use to jump across a page break and stretch a highlight between two pages.
Follow these quick steps:
1. Locate the assessment:
2. Select your attached proof or policy containing the highlight:
3. Click the proof or policy to open it in the browser:
4. Navigate to the page break and begin highlighting:
5. After you complete your highlight, but before you click save, drag the lower half of the highlight to the next page *It won’t appear to be highlighting anything, but it is, I promise!
6. Once you finish dragging the highlight, click save. Now take a look at the highlight (it should resemble the image below):
This trick will work for all documents displayed as a browser-friendly PDF. It will not only make it easier to manage highlight, but will also help speed up the accreditation process for assessors. If you ever find yourself in a bind and need to highlight over page breaks, just follow these simple instructions and you’re all set.
Casey Hostetter, Customer Service Advisor