What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us through our Apps, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or permit you to use our Apps. We may still automatically collect certain information about your use of the Services, including when you use our websites or apps without logging in. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number and address;
- the user ID, password and any other credentials you use to log into our Services through our Apps;
- any account preference information you provide us;
- your Device’s unique device identifiers and the IP address assigned to your Device;
- attributes of your Device, such as model, type, language, operating system;
- the location of your Device;
- usage data and error logs for your login sessions, so that our Services can ‘talk’ to your Device while you are logged in.
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, we will:
- not disclose it to a third party without your permission except as permitted by the Terms or authorized by your Administrator
- take reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information, except:
- as necessary to permit you to utilize our Services;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) other device identifiers, the IP address assigned to your Device, and general device attributes. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our services; research and development; and customer and account administration.
PowerDMS uses “cookies” to store data with respect to your utilization of our Services with your Device. We may also use “tracking” technologies like beacons and tracking pixels to customize our Services. If you set up your Device or web browser (for example, Microsoft Edge, Chrome, or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our Services.
External data storage sites; Analytics
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted. We may use third party analytics tools with respect to your data for purposes of monitoring, analyzing, evaluating and improving the performance of our Apps and Services.
Linked Sites and Services
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID, password or other login credentials with anyone other than your Administrator;
- to log out of our Services when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Notice to European Union users
PowerDMS’s operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to the United States. By using our Services and providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
Information collected from children
You must be at least 13 years old to use PowerDMS’s service(s). PowerDMS does not knowingly collect information from children under 13. (See the [U.S.] Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.)
Questions or comments?
Thank you for using PowerDMS!
Last Revised: March 2, 2017