Onboarding is a coordinated process between your implementation team and PowerDMS, specifically your Customer Success Advisor (CSA) and Onboarding Specialist.
We encourage you to create an implementation team, who will be responsible for onboarding your organization. They will complete necessary coursework in PowerDMS University and attend weekly implementation meetings with your PowerDMS Onboarding Specialist.
Your implementation team may include an IT Representative, Content Manager, Training Manager, and Accreditation manager. The need for these roles is dependent on the size of your organization and the PowerDMS products you purchase.
The Onboarding Process
The onboarding process starts with an introductory call. On this call we’ll discuss your organizational needs and who should attend the kickoff meeting.
- Intro call
- Kickoff meeting
- Consultation meetings
Your Customer Success Advisor (CSA)
To date, you’ve been in touch with a Regional Sales Manager. But now you’ll get to meet your CSA, who will become your long term PowerDMS contact after onboarding. They will help you with continued growth and use of the platform, any escalations needed, and be your general liaison for PowerDMS.
Your Onboarding Specialist
For the remainder of the onboarding process, you will be paired with a Onboarding Specialist. The Onboarding Specialist will consult and guide you through implementation. They will coordinate your document upload and user import, guide you to the appropriate PowerDMS University courses, and offer consultation. Once onboarding has been completed, your Onboarding Specialist will turn you back over to your CSA.
After the kickoff meeting, you and your Onboarding Specialist will have multiple consultations on the following topics (this and more will be covered on your 1-hour kickoff call):
- PowerDMS University
- Complete your assigned training track
- List and ask questions
- Content Upload
- Determine folder structure
- Choose tags and naming conventions
- Upload Documents
- Create Workflows
- User Import
- Review preliminary documentation
- Schedule a consultation
- Sync your Active Directory
- Enable SSO
- Security Configuration
- Onsite Training
- Launch Preparation
Even when onboarding is over, we will support you every step of the way. Here are several of our support resources:
- PowerDMS University offers self-paced courses and bootcamps (instructor-led lessons)
- Success Community is a knowledge base replete with articles, videos, Q&A, and customer discussion forums
- Your Customer Success Advisor serves as your general liaison with PowerDMS, helps with continued growth and use of the platform, and handles any escalations needed
- Service Desk helps with continued maintenance and troubleshooting any issues you’re having with the platform
- PowerDMS Certification lets you go above and beyond to become an expert PowerDMS user